This Privacy Notice explains how we at The Grosvenor Plymouth collect, use, store and destroy any personal information we collect about you. We will never share your information with any third party unless there is a legal obligation to do so. We believe that we are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations(GDPR) which came into force 25th May 2018.
Data Protection Principles
Under GDPR, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles. In accordance with these principles, we will ensure that:
a) Processing is fair, lawful and transparent.
b) Data is collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
c) Data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of booking a room with us.
d) Data is kept accurate and up to date. Data which is fund to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay.
e) Data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose.
f) Data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against
unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or
g) We comply with the relevant GDPR procedures for international transferring of personal data.
What information we collect about you
The data we collect is provided to us by you or an agent/representative acting on your behalf. It is collected either when you complete a booking form on our website, send us an email, contact us by phone or is provided in person.
Information required to complete a booking
• Full name, address and telephone number of the person making the booking.
• Email address of person making the booking.
• Credit/Debit card details (which are stored securely by The Queensborough Group).
• If you provide Credit/Debit card details over the phone or in person these will be entered into our secure payment
How we use the information we hold on you
• Process your booking and provide confirmation details.
• Obtain payments for our services via Credit/Debit card.
• Respond to any questions or comments via e-mail, telephone or post.
• Provide information that may be useful to you.
• Request feedback about your stay with us.
• Return any items that you may forget to take with you on check out.
How we store your data
Your data is stored on a secure database provided by our Channel Manager ‘The Queensborough Group’.
The Queensborough Group do not store any personal data that isn’t strictly needed for the booking process and have confirmed as a company they are GDPR compliant.
All booking details are securely destroyed by an external company after the date of your departure.
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent in a text file to your computer browser from a websites server and is then stored on your computer, but only if your browser’s preferences are set by you to allow it. The only personal information a cookie can obtain is information a user supplies. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.