Kitale Self Catering
GDPR Privacy Notice
Kitale Self Catering respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information at all times. This privacy notice sets out:
1. How we use your personal information and
2. Your rights in relation to your information
Kitale Self Catering acts as Data Controller in relation to any personal data which you provide us when booking accommodation.
Information we hold
It is necessary for us to hold and process certain personal information necessary in order for us to process your accommodation bookings such as:
- Email Address
- Telephone/Mobile Number
- Payment information
- Other information listed on the booking form
We may also be required to process such additional information about you as is necessary to enable us to manage our relationship with you and provide services from time to time.
How we use your information
In most cases, we will use the information we hold about you for the following purposes/activities and in accordance with the following lawful grounds for processing your personal data.
Purpose: Processing your booking for your stay at our accommodation and registering you as a guest
Lawful Grounds: Necessary for the performance of our contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests in administering our accommodation operates effectively.
Purpose: Managing our relationship with you, including but not limited to responding to queries or complaints
Lawful Grounds: Necessary for the performance of our contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests in ensuring that we are able to provide our guests with a good quality service and respond to all queries and complaints raised by our guests.
Purpose: Managing and collecting all applicable payments, fees and/or charges
Lawful Grounds: Necessary for the performance of our contract with you. Necessary for our legitimate interests in processing payments made by guests and ensuring that we are able to recover all sums due to us.
Purposes: Administering and protecting our business, our website and our online booking system.
Lawful Grounds: Necessary for our legitimate interests in running our business, ensuring the provision of administration and IT services, maintaining network security and preventing fraud.
Purposes: Providing you with suggestions and reccommendations about products, services and/or promotional offers that may be of interest to you.
Lawful Grounds: Necessary for our legitimate interests in developing and promoting our products /services and growing our business.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information for marketing purposes on goods, services and/or promotional offers that may be of interest to you. You may receive marketing communication from us directly if you have used our online booking system and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with our website.
Please note that we will obtain your express opt-in consent before we share any of your personal information with any third parties for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending your marketing messages at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How long we will retain your information
We will only retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use of disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Third parties with whom we share your information
We may need to share your information with third parties who act on our behalf or provide services to us. We require all such parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance of the law. We do not allow our third party services providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We will require disclosing your information to our data processor, the Queensborough Group. The Queensborough Group administers the online booking system on our behalf. Accordingly, the Queensborough Group will require processing your personal data in due course of operating the online booking system. Your information will also be disclosed to Hotel Host Company and Rackspace, both of which are sub-processors for the Queensborough Group. Both of these sub-processors store data in order to enable the Queensborough Group to operate the online booking system.
In addition to our data processor, we may also require to disclose your information to the following categories of recipients:
1. Other group companies
2. Our third party service providers
3. Our professional advisers, including but not limited to legal advisers
4. Payment providers and other financial organisations
5. Our suppliers
6. Our trade and business associates
7. Central and local government
8. Regulatory authorities
9. Third parties with whom we negotiate commercial agreements
11. Third party marketing companies where we have obtained express opt-in consent from you
Sources of information about you
We will collect personal information directly from you. We may also obtain information about you from our data processor, the Queensborough Group and our third parties providing services in connection with the operation of our online booking system. If you personal details change at any time, please inform us as soon as possible to ensure that all information held about you remains accurate and up to date.
International data transfers
We do not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
Your rights in relation to your information
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information which we respect and aim to uphold in everything we do. These include the following:
1. You can ask us for a copy of the information which we respect and aim to uphold in everything we do (i.e. subject access request)
2. If you believe any information we hold on you may be inaccurate or incomplete, and you are unable to correct this information yourself, you can require us to rectify these inaccuracies
3. You can require us to erase your information in certain circumstances (i.e. the right to be forgotten)
4. Where we process your information using automated means on the basis of your consent or to perform the agreement, you can request that we supply such information to another party (i.e. the right to data portability)
5. You can require us to restrict our use of your information or object to how it is used in certain circumstances
6. Where we process your information on the basis of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us processing your information in certain circumstances
7. Where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to us processing your information and where you have given your consent to us to process your information for particular purposes (e.g. to share your information with third party marketing companies) you may withdraw this consent at any time, provided that this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you exercised the right to withdraw your consent.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we use your information or you wish to contact us about your rights or if you have any complaints about our use of your information, please contact us at: email@example.com
We will do our best to answer any questions and resolve any complaints to your satisfaction. However, if you feel that we have not resolved your complaint, please note that you have the right to complain to the Information Commisioners Office.
Please note that this privacy notice may be updated by us from time to time. Any updates will be notified to you by email.